Infertility afflicts thousand's of married couple's leading to untold mystery and frustration. In India 15-20% of the married couple's in their fertile age group, are the sufferers, and it is on the increasing point because of Urbanization, Pollution, Stress, Chemical exposure, Competitiveness, Career Orientation, Late settlement in life etc. and by the present statistics it is about 20%.
With the recent advancements in the management of infertility, the couple can realize their dream more reliably and that to at a fraction of what it costs to seek similar treatment in abroad.
A detailed history of both the partners and clinical examination is carried out. Depending upon the findings, previous investigations & treatment done, various mode of treatment are offered such as:
- Intra Uterine Insemination (IUI) Or Artficial Insemination: A low-tech treatment in which sperm are inserted directly into the woman's uterus at the time of ovulation.
- In Vitro Fertilisation (Test Tube Baby) : Eggs are gathered from your ovaries and combined with your partner's sperm in a laboratory dish. The resulting embryos are transplanted to your uterus.
- Blastocyst Culture
- Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection (I.C.S.I.): a single sperm is injected directly into a single egg in the laboratory and the resulting embryo is transplanted into your uterus.
- Laser Assisted Hatching : For a pregnancy to result from any assisted reproductive technology procedure, the embryo must successfully implant into the uterus following the embryo transfer. Failure of the embryo to implant is one of the main reasons that some ART procedures, such as ICSI, don't result in a pregnancy.
- Egg Donation/Egg Sharing: if you are unable to conceive using your own eggs, an egg donated by another woman can mixed with your partner's sperm and the resulting embryo is implanted in your uterus. This procedure can also be done with a donated embryo.
- Surrogate Mothers: another woman carries your embryo, or a donor embryo, to term and gives the baby to you after birth.